Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happiest Baby on the Blog


I didn't read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" when Blake was born, but I did finally get around to it after Emma came along (thanks for loaning it to me Jessica, I still need to return those books) and I thought it was pretty good and realized I was already doing most of those things. So either the book's suggestions are extremely effective or God has just blessed us with the happiest baby I have ever known (I tend to think it's mostly the latter). The true extent of Emma's good nature and joy for all the little things in life has been starting to show more and more over the last couple of months. She's always been a good baby and super sweet, but lately she's just all smiles and squeals of delight. I think most babies at 8 months are pretty happy. Life at this age is all about new discoveries and they finally seem really comfortable with their environment and routine (by the way, Emma has been sleeping a wonderful 12 hours at night now for about 2 months), but I'm telling you Emma is especially happy. It's heartwarming and contagious. She brings a smile to every new person she meets. Everywhere we go we make new friends. I remember telling Chris once when we found out we were having another girl that poor Emma might feel like she has a lot to live up to with such an amazing big sister, but even though Blake is smart and charismatic, Emma has certainly been able to charm her way into everyones hearts too. She will have no trouble making her big sister share the spotlight (which is saying a lot because we all know Blake commands plenty of attention). They are both so remarkable and I'm constantly in awe of them and thankful that I get to be their mother. I don't want to go on too much about my amazing girls, but what better place to brag on your kids than your blog, right? In fact, when I first started the blog, my single BFF, Rhandi, said "yeah, I guess I don't need a blog since I don't have a husband or kids to brag about yet", and I thought that's not what it's all about is it? Well I guess a lot of times it does seem like I'm blagging or brogging (blog-bragging, get it?), but it's nice to share what the girls are doing with everyone since, after all, our friends and family are also responsible for them becoming who they are and deserve some credit too, right? I also like having a record of my thoughts and feelings about the girls while they're little that I can look back on later. Here are some pictures of my sweet, happy girl making friends with her rocking-lamb in her room a few days ago.


"Hi lamby, you're pretty cute."

"Wow, you're soft too. I like you!"

"Did you see this thing, Blake, it's awesome!"

"No I mean really, I'm soooo excited that this amazing toy is in my room!!!

"Excuse me, I may have gotten carried away. I'll try and contain my excitement... at least until I discover the next new thing to cross my path."

2 comments:

The Locke Family said...

Too cute! You ARE so blessed with two adorable and happy little girls!! I love reading about them and getting to see the pictures. And I love your new word "brogging"!

Jessica said...

Yup, I've said it before, Emma IS a happy baby! Always smiling! It think it's partly her personality and partly great parenting!