Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Playful Goodbye

Our friends Meredith, Kyle, Caden and Reese are moving to Budapest, Hungary this month and they will be there for two years. I always admire people who make big, exciting, adventurous moves like this. I think it would be so amazing to live in another country for a while. Our friends Alex and Laura moved to London a couple of years ago and are still living there. I love getting their e-mails and pictures of all of the fabulous trips they take. They have traveled throughout Europe and beyond a lot over the last couple of years. Seeing the world and how other people live is so fascinating to me. I love thinking about what people are doing in some other country right now. It's so easy to get caught up in my own little world and forget just how big and diverse this planet is and how many other people are living lives right now too. I look forward to doing much more traveling in my future. I would love to live abroad as well, but I don't know if I could ever handle being away from my family and friends for any extended period of time. Meredith and Kyle are going for a pre-determined amount of time at least so they know they will be back in two years. I think that would be the perfect way to do it. We wish them the best and we'll be looking forward to hearing all about it. We had a good time Wednesday wishing them farewell as we played and had lunch at Willowbend. Chrisse and Claire, Kori and Sadie and Jessica, Barrett and Kyle joined us in saying goodbye.

  Tickle, tickle, tickle


A chilled out Kyle

Goodbye hug

Barrett and Caden saying their goodbyes (I missed the photo of the hug, of course)

No comments: