Sunday, December 7, 2008

All Caught Up

Our Thanksgiving was really wonderful this year. We spent a couple of days out at Danny and Karen's house in Keller with Rachel (who was in from New York) and Uncle Randy and Aunt Anita (who we rarely get to see and were visiting from Kansas). It was so nice to spend our first holiday out in the new (finally finished) house! We feel like we were truly able to appreciate all the great things about the house. I love that it's on enough land that you really can't see any neighbors, I love the outdoor fireplace, I love all the trees in the fall and I love that even though the house has been redone you can still feel that it's old. We can't wait to spend Christmas out there too and it will be nice to have my mom there since she went to Austin on Thanksgiving (we missed you). Highlights of the holiday were: the girls wearing their matching monogrammed dresses I recently bought them at the Junior League of Plano Christmas market (and Emma wearing the super-cute diaper cover with the "E" on it); Blake making the place cards for everybody (with a little help on the spelling), decorating the table with leaves and using her hand to make a turkey decoration on the crust of the cherry pie (with Ami's help); my thirty minutes of quality time laying on the hammock with Blake cuddling and talking and enjoying the beautiful outdoors; eating and eating and eating some more; the Cowboys winning; knowing ahead of time that the Aggies were going to lose so it didn't really bother me when they did; Blake sleeping in a tent in Ami and Pappa's room; visiting with the Ficklins the day after Thanksgiving; shopping at Southlake Town Center the day after Thanksgiving with Karen and Rachel; eating at Uncle Julio's that night and all the grown-ups sitting in front of the fireplace on the porch that night visiting, having some drinks and listening to Christmas music. Lots of fun!!!






4 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I bought the same brown dress for Kenslea!! So cute!

Jessica said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds so great! Barret and Kyle and I got sick-so ours wasn't quite as nice.

Newman Family Blog said...

So great! Love, love the diaper cover!

TeamRiss said...

I love the picture of the girls on your header; I hadn't seen that yet. Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!