Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Little Songbird

Blake loves to sing and does so all the time. She's even a very creative songwriter. I've never been particularly musical and always wished I was, so I should really be encouraging this passion of hers. She seems to be very good at memorizing lyrics and she certainly has a knack for projecting her voice so she's off to a good start. I'm still not so sure about whether or not she has a good voice, but that may be a little difficult to detect in a 4-year-old. Well whether or not a career as a singer is in her future, she has managed to be the star of the show in both of her preschool music performances the past two years. Last year, she cracked us up as the only voice that could be heard among the 2-year-olds at the spring concert and this year it was a repeat performance at the Christmas concert with the 3s, 4s and pre-K kids. She just gives it her all. Her teacher told me when I picked her up from school that day that I needed to get her in singing lessons as soon as possible because she carried the show. Since then several parents have told me that they enjoyed her "solo" at the concert. So we're very proud of Blake for her enthusiasm for singing and performing! Good job sweetie!!!

No comments: